What is Fit-Fax?
What is Fit-Fax?
We are a group of scientists and fitness professionals helping to empower individuals to create long-term sustainable health habits! Whether you are tracking body composition change, transforming nutritional habits, or changing the health culture of an office, we are excited to help!
As a Biosystem Engineer and fitness enthusiast, I have watched people sift through fad diets and cleanses for decades only to end up worse off than they began. The "diet fad" industry feeds on the illusion of immediate gratification and exploits human vulnerability.
Statistically, over 97% of people who look to fast-fix diet programs lose "weight" only to gain more body fat in the end! Look at the diagram below:
When we starve ourselves, our body metabolizes lean mass as well as body fat. Our metabolic function also slows to compensate for the energy deficit over time. A net result on the scale does not show how much of our “weight loss” is water or muscle tissue. All we see is a number: many of us judge ourselves by this number.
We need our engines (muscle mass) to keep our metabolisms running and our bones strong. When we lose lean mass, our metabolism slows down resulting in an increase in body fat and often a decrease in bone density.
Our philosophy is simple. “You are living adaptable tissue.”
1. Tracking body composition change instead of 'weight' is a great way to benchmark a training program or nutrition plan
2. Your specific body composition/body type informs your nutritional needs
3. Resistance training changes body composition by increasing lean mass and decreasing body fat
4. Reducing sugar intake in the diet has a powerful affect on health
5. Protein is essential in the diet. Given we can not synthesize aminos, we must obtain essential amino acids from food
6. Cardiovascular health has both physical and mental benefits
7. Examining your EMOTIONAL relationship to food is essential to transforming your health
8. Looking at HOW we eat is as important as WHAT we eat
1003 Diamond Ave. South Pasadena, CA 90310 • (626) 603-3028